I haven't posted in a while because my phone is dying and wont let me access my pictures of Evie (which as you know, is pretty much all this blog is)! So I guess this English major will be forced to write...even more.
Evie has been saying little things for a while, like "mamma", "dada", and her favorite, "GO!" But in this past week it seems like she is saying so much more! Seth was in nursery with her yesterday and heard her say "thank you" for the snacks, and Brandi was the first one to hear her call me "Micki" (which I am not pleased about). Around the house she says "nana" for banana, "dah" for the dogs, "me" when she wants me to hold her or get attention, "moe" for more, and even though she has been saying "hi" for a while she said it right on cue (with a wave I might add) when Brandi came in the door. And how can I forget the ever persistent "no" which she likes to say over and over when she is getting her diaper changed. However, her favorite word by far is still yelling an elongated "GO" like a latino soccer announcer. The cutest one this week though was when she walked right up to Steve in the kitchen, stared at him for a moment before pointing with her chubby finger and said "kukl Steve!" She used to go into his room and call him "guy" but he has been promoted to having a real name! I think that's props to how good he is with her, she loves him.
Its funny because I am around her babbling so much, I'm don't usually pick up on it right away when she uses real words. Often, Brandi, Seth, or Steve have to point it out to me that she actually said something. Its weird for me to see her starting to get her own voice, and an opinionated one at that!
2 comments:
isn't it crazy we don't think about the words they are learning and saying? i should write down what jae says, too! i love that she gets the last part of "banana" out. jae says, "ban" for banana... we should hook them up to finish each others... words (not sentences, ha ha)!
LOL! Thats hilaroius! And "Ban" is the hard part too!
Post a Comment